COVID-19 Update: Reopening Plans
The credit union lobby will reopen to BCS Community members ONLY on Monday, June 8, and both lobby and drive-up hours will return to normal (9-5 M-F). CO-OP Shared branch members will continue to be served ONLY at the drive-up, and we encourage BCSCU members to continue to use the non-contact & remote options. If using the lobby, please enter through the south door, and follow instructions. For in-person loans, new accounts, etc., please call or text (303-425-6627) for an appointment.
Non-Contact & Remote Service Options:
- Drive-up service available for most common services
- It’sMe247 Online Banking for balances, transfers, more
- Telephone service available Monday through Friday, 9 am-5pm Monday-Friday (303) 425-6627
- BCSCU Mobile Branch app (includes SnapDeposits remote deposits)
- CO-OP Network ATMs for deposits & cash withdrawals
- Loan applications and remote loan closings through www.BCSCU.com and eSignature
- CUTalk (Automated Bank by Phone) (844) 850-8166
- Debit Card cash back at many merchant checkout stands
Precautions we’re taking:
- Frequent sanitizing of touch points, regular thorough cleaning
- Single-use member pens (yours to keep)
- “Sneeze guards” in place at each teller station
- Social distancing markers placed throughout teller area (enter through south door only)
- Staff temperatures taken before and during the work day
- Staff can continue to work remotely when necessary
- Staff/member mask use required in common areas
The credit union lobby will remain closed until Monday, June 8, and the credit union will continue to serve members through telephone, text, email, online & mobile banking, and in-person at the credit union drive-up (Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) and through the CO-OP ATM and Shared Branch networks.
When the lobby opens open, the credit union will allow a limited number of members into the lobby while practicing recommended precautions.
Economic Impact Payments
In response to the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, Congress has authorized the payment of stimulus funds to certain Americans. On April 15, 2020, the first wave of those payments was posted to the accounts used for 2018 or 2019 tax payments or refunds.
If your 2018 or 2019 tax account was set to your BCS Community account but you have closed your membership, those payments have been returned to the government (unless we’re able to locate another BCSCU account of yours).
To re-direct your payment, learn more about the payments, eligibility and to change your information, visit the IRS website: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments.
The drive-up hours are temporarily changed, 10 am to 4 pm M-F.
The credit union is open, but the lobby is closed to members and guests. The drive-up is open 10 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday. Other credit union services are available during regular hours (M-F 9-5), including telephone and text service, and in-branch by appointments. Drive-up service is also available to guest members whose credit unions are part of the CO-OP Shared Branch network.
Credit Union Services Options Available:
- Drive-up Service (most services available) 10 am to 4 pm, M-F
- Telephone & Text Service, call or text us at (303) 425-6627 9 am to 5 pm, M-F
- ATM cash withdrawal, cash & check deposits (also CO-OP Network ATMs) 24/7
- After-Hours Depository (located at the office south door) 24/7
- SnapDeposits with the BCSCU Mobile Branch App (check deposits with your smartphone) 24/7
- It’sMe247 Online Banking, including mobile and app, bill payment service
- CO-OP Shared Branch Network Hours vary by location (participating credit unions may be restricting service)
- Get cash back at the check out stand are major merchants with your VISA Debit Card
- CUTalk (Automated Bank by Phone) (844) 850-8166
- eSign Loan Documents
Staff, member and guest health is of upmost importance to us, and we believe that this is an important step to safeguard the health and well-being of all our credit union family.
Some credit union staff may be working remotely, so your patience is appreciated when contacting us since some resource access may be slower than usual.
For loan applications and closings, new accounts, account maintenance and certain other services, in-lobby service will be allowed when necessary.
If you’ve been impacted financially by current events, the credit union is here to help with loan skip payments, short-term loans and existing loan restructuring. Call the loan department at (303) 389-6440 for more information.
In addition to closing the lobby, credit union staff are using disinfecting wipes at least daily on ATM touch points, and more frequently on drive-up window touch points, clipboards, pens and other items.
About our preparedness plan…
BCS Community Credit Union is prepared.
Everywhere you turn, there it is…Coronavirus/COVID-19. It’s on our televisions, in our news feeds and in our daily conversations. The virus has become a global threat, and there are lots of conversations about what we can do to curtail the spread. For BCS Community Credit Union, that means making preparations for business continuity purposes.
As your credit union, we want you to know that we have a robust business continuity plan and we are prepared to deal with the impact of the Coronavirus should we be affected. While it is currently business as usual, we are prepared to adapt to make sure our employees are safe and are here to serve you. Some of our preparations include:
Ensuring Business Continuity
As previously mentioned, BCSCU has specific business continuity plans in place. We’ve been monitoring the latest updates on the Coronavirus and making adjustments to our plans as necessary.
We are implementing enhancements in our office to help protect the health and wellness of our employees at BCSCU. These efforts include ensuring personal and workspace hygiene, as well as increased cleaning of the office. We also have other options at our disposal, including social distancing when possible, and even working remotely or refraining from coming into the office if showing any symptoms of illness.
By enacting proactive and preventative health measures, we can better protect our staff from the virus so we can have the workforce available to meet the needs of our members.
Options for Operational Changes
Our operations are set up so that you will be able to reach us with little or no interruption of service. Depending on the severity of the outbreak, the credit union can implement several phases of response.
- If necessary, the credit union could perform all transactions at the drive-up window and close the office lobby to members and guest members. By restricting in-person access this way, we may be able to help reduce the transmission of the virus, and also allow office operations to continue with reduced staff.
- Many of the credit union’s back-office operations are automated, so the posting of electronic transactions, including ACH (Direct Deposit), VISA debit and credit transactions, online bill pay service, check posting and more, will continue as before.
- If necessary, credit union staff can work remotely and continue to serve you via phone, email, etc., plus you can access your account via It’sMe247 Internet Banking, our mobile app (including SnapDeposits smart-phone check deposit system), through CO-OP Network ATMs (for cash & check deposits and cash withdrawals) and through the CO-OP Shared Branch Network if available.
- Our phone system allows credit union staff to answer your calls remotely, so services will continue to be available despite the Coronavirus outbreak even if the office is closed or access is retricted, including loan application processing and (electronic) closing. Rest assured that if it’s necessary to close the credit union office, services will continue to be available to members during regular hours.
BCSCU has its “Annual Meeting at the Movies” planned for May, 2020. In order to protect the wellbeing of our members, employees, and event venue staff, we will continue to track news on the Coronavirus. We will make changes to the event schedule as necessary and notify you of any updates.
Here are some links to help you stay current on the Coronavirus:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
World Health Organization (WHO) – Q&A on coronaviruses (COVID-19)
Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC) – COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak Resources