The CO-OP Shared Branch network allows us to be near you, practically everywhere.
Whether you’re across town or across the country, you have access to your credit union account through the Co-op Shared Branch network. All you need is your account number and photo ID to access your account in-person, at participating credit union branches, nationwide.
With more than 5,671 physical locations, the CO-OP Shared Branch Network is the nation’s second largest financial branch network, even more than all but one of the national mega-banks.
A July 2017 comparison based on claims located at fdic.gov shows the CO-OP Shared Branch Network to have 5,761 branches coast to coast, including hundreds of CO-OP Shard Branch express self-service locations. Our network is second only to Wells Fargo, with 6,150 shared branches. CO-OP Shared Branches outnumber Chase (5,567), Bank of America (4,867), US Bank (3,216), and PNC (2, 583).
To find the Shared Branch location nearest you, visit the CO-OP Shared Branch location finder.
STARsf ATM Network
BCSCU members have access to over 43,000 Free ATM locations in the STAR Surcharge-FREE ATM Network (STARsf and Allpoint).
Surcharge-free ATM access is available at select STARsf and Allpoint ATMs located In the United States. FREE cash withdrawals may not be possible at all mentioned store locations. Transaction fee may be charged at ATMs outside of the STARsf and Allpoint network. Other restrictions may apply.
Note: The locations of surcharge free ATMs in the locator below are provided for your convenience and updated periodically by STAR network; BCSCU is not responsible for the accuracy of the information.
It’s Me 247 Online Banking
It’s Me 247, BCS Community Credit Union’s online banking product, allows you to access your account at the click of a mouse. Worldwide convenience, 24/7… anytime, anywhere. Here are just some of the services available through It’s Me 247…
CUTalk Phone Banking
With CUTalk, use your touch-tone telephone to hear account information and perform transactions, keep tabs on your checking account balance, request a check from your account (mailed to you), transfer funds and hear recent transactions posted to your accounts. On first use, use the last four of your SSN for your PIN.
CUTalk Phone Banking Toll-Free:
Easy to Use
All you need is:
- A touch-tone telephone
- Your account number
- A Personal Identification Number (PIN) assigned by a Members Services Representative
Then, follow the easy CUTalk menu instructions.
- Check your checking account transactions – what checks have cleared, what was the last deposit, etc.
- Check your savings accounts transactions – what deposits were made, what was the last withdrawal made, etc.
- Check you ACH or ATM withdrawals. Forgot the amount of your withdrawal at the ATM? Get the amount here!
- Check for recent dividend transactions.
Transfers and Withdrawals…
- Transfer funds within your sub-accounts quickly
- Share withdrawal check request mailed directly to your home!
- Loan Advance- Need cash in a hurry? Transfer funds and then withdraw at an ATM.
- Share to loan transfers… loan Payments made easily through Telephone Teller.
The Credit Union can assign you a PIN or you can select your own.